PracticalitiesA few important notes before your visit to North Sulawesi
Here is some additional information that might help you organise your visit to North Sulawesi and the Minahasa Highland.
- The seasons are hard to predict these days but the general rule of thumb is: More rain from November to March/April, less rain from April to October. Afternoon showers are pretty common in the highland area, even during the dry season.
- Bring a light sweater. During rainy periods and in the evenings it can get a bit chilly.
- A great way to explore the area is by motorbike. We can arrange one for you (automatic or manual transmission) but please tell us in advance.
- We’ll be glad to assist you with your domestic airline tickets through our travel agency Limbers Tours.
- Highland Resort can handle group bookings and make all necessary arrangements such as transfers, tours, meals, etc. However, please note that the resort can only accommodate up to 24 guests if all rooms are used as double rooms.
- Transfers from and to the airport are possible at any time of the day…and the night. If you are leaving on a very early morning flight – no problem! Just tell us in advance, preferably two days before or, even better, at the time of your booking.
Other recommended websites
North Sulawesi & Indonesia:
- North Sulawesi Tourism Board
- Bunaken – Tips for Travellers: Finding good accommodation and dive centers in the Bunaken National Park
- Living in Indonesia – A Site for Expatriates
- Secrets of Minahasa – Blog article from one of our guests (April 2009)
Dive Resorts in North Sulawesi:
- Black Sand Dive Retreat Lembeh
- Divers Lodge Lembeh
- Living Colours Diving Bunaken
- The Village Bunaken
- Lumba Lumba Diving Manado
- Tasikoki Wildlife Rescue Centre
- Selamatkan Yaki – Working to save Sulawesi crested black macaques and their habitat